5.3.17

Persian: Lesson 5

25th October, 2016
So... it's Tuesday, which means a Persian lesson, which means a Persian update.

By what I'm coming to take to be the standard of this thing, I can say that I'm feeling a bit more chipper about some aspects of this than I have been.  This doesn't mean that it's not frustrating, because it really is.  But - on pain of jinxing the thing - the reading and writing, unexpectedly, are fairly straightforward so far.  Granted that I'm still only at beginner level, I think I'm on top of them. The grammar and syntax, too, seem fairly simple - at least so far; maybe that'll all change soon.

What's killing me is the vocabulary. I don't have the time to sit and learn it. I need to find some way to force industrial quantities of new words into my head. They're percolating slowly, but that's not enough.

If I could set aside half an hour a day, I think I'd be laughing. But with things as they are, I'm spending a lot of time sitting in class with my mouth open in horror. After all, there's no point understanding the sentence structure if you've no words; no point in mastering the alphabet if you've literally nothing to write.

Eeeeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment